- Fabric Bundles
- Upcoming Releases
- Extra Foundation Papers
- Gift Items
- Honest Fabric Panels
- Quiltworx Impressions
- Quiltworx Charm Elements
- Digitized Quilting Designs
- Quilt Samples
- Gift Certificates
- Sales and Specials
- Other Designers
- Certified Instructors
- Certified Shops
- Quiltworx Events
Happy New Year from Quiltworx.com!
To bring in 2014, we want to extend a special thank you to our customers and supporters of our company, including our Certified Shops and Instructors! It has been a fantastic year of continued growth for Quiltworx.com and we are very fortunate to be a small, family run business that can say that!
I thought I’d give you our own version of a Top 20 counting the ways in which we had such a great year for Quiltworx.com (in no particular order)!
- We published a Record Number of quilt patterns for our company this year, including our second Technique of the Month, Mariner’s Compass, and 20 Additional Patterns!
- We expanded our product line to include Fusible Applique Products: Quiltworx Impressions!
- We expanded our product line to include Charm Elements!
- We used Charm Elements to collaborate with Checker Distributors on 3 Cut Loose Press patterns in addition to the 20 we published above!
- We expanded our product line to include Digitized Quilting Designs!
- We worked with Hoffman Fabrics to create Quiltworx Bali Pops, a special set of 2-1/2″ strips cut from Bali Batiks, prepackaged in a set of 48, and pre-sorted to build ring sets for our Wedding Ring Series Quilts!
- We worked with Robert Kaufman to design the Lumina Feathered Star! A New Pattern Listing on our Website with Modified Papers is coming Soon!
- We began carrying products from three great designers, Cindi McCracken Designs, Laundry Basket Quilts, and Totes by Sandy!
- We saw our Certified Shops and Instructors work with Timeless Treasures to recreate our favorite designs into new kits!
- We broke ground on a new building that will include a dedicated training center and a new 7,000 foot warehouse!
- We started a Youtube Channel and have 311 followers since the end of September!
- We started an Instagram page!
- Our Facebook Page doubled in size to over 20,000 fans!
- Our Pinterest page also doubled in size, going to well over 4,000 followers! And, we started a second Pinterest page dedicated to our Quilting Designs, only!
- Our Certified Shop Program grew by 12 Shops! Click here for the USA...and here, for Canada! To see an ad for these shops, click here!
- Our Certified Instructors were teaching around the US an average of 200 days, each month!
- We gave away over $5,000 in gifted quilts for Charity, Contest Prizes, and Gift Certificates for Customers Making Award Winning Quilts!
- Judy held her first ever Checker Symposium, introducing 30 new shops to our products, all of which are now regular customers, kittings, teaching, and sharing Quiltworx with their customers!
- We were able to Expand our 2014 Retreats Schedule to include workshops with Judy, a team of Judy and Certified Instructors, and some outstanding Certified Instructors alone!
- We had our first year of sales with our 30 new Australian Certified Shops and we couldn’t be more proud to be affiliated with such an amazing group of shops and Victorian Textiles!
So…with this in mind:
What do we have in store for you in 2014?!?!
- Judy and I are kicking of 2014 with a trip to New York City to begin working with Timeless Treasures on a New Fabric Line designed by Judy and Judel Niemeyer!
- Certification of 10 more Certified Instructors! (Thank you, to these instructors for being so patient as we have found a way to get them Certified, which was no easy task!)
- Certification of a “To be Determined” additional Certified Shops! (Thank you to our list of shop owners who are patiently waiting for the opportunity!)
- Publication of our First BOOK! This will be a Pattern Book, comprising over 32 quilt design using our papers by Judy, Judel, and our Certified Shops! This project will be hitting your favorite facebook page, in full force with highlights and more information as we kick off the new year!
- Expansion of our New Digitized Quilting Designs page, including the addition of new designers! We are presently working on digitizing designs by Vicki Ibison, Angela Walters, and Karen Marchetti! These will be available by the end of the spring for great patterns like the New Flowers for My Wedding Ring (Karen), the Captain’s Wheel, Bali Wedding Star, and Osprey’s Nest (among others) (Vicki), and the Lumina Feathered Star Queen (Angela).
- Certification of New Shops in Austraila!
- We have One Australian Certified Instructor in Australia and plan to expand this list in 2014!
- We are making a concerted effort to expand the work we do with a wider range of fabric companies due to demand from our Certified Shops, Instructors, Customers, and the Fabric Companies, themselves! In the next year, we have quilts planned with Hoffman Fabrics, Robert Kaufman, Timeless Treasures, Island Batiks, and the Laundry Basket Fabric Collection by Moda! We plan to continue expanding these relationships to show our quilts in a wide range of fabric designs and meet our growing customer base needs, where you all have your own taste and favorites in fabric collections and styles!
- We will expand our Charm Elements and Cut Loose Press Pattern Line in 2014!
- We are designing our next Technique of the Month and will be training instructors and shops on this new design throughout the Summer and Fall of 2014! Publication will be in early 2015!
There is so much more on our minds…not to mention, our goal to keep up with everyone’s dreams, desires, and wish lists! We truly are fortunate to have such a wonderful customer base and are looking very forward to 2014!
Thank you ~ Judy, and the Staff at Quiltworx.com!
How lucky are you and us, too???
The once was a Teacher named Andrea
That took Quilters to Visit Irelandia!!!
With Quilts Everywhere
They visited There
They came home full of amazing Quilting Ideas!
OK, so Quiltworx was not destined to be a poetry writing business, but we are SOOOO excited to let you know of a trip of a lifetime Opportunity in June of 2013, with Certifed Instructor, Andrea Schnur. Follow this link for more information! And if you go on this trip, PLEASE take pictures and share with us on Facebook!
We know you’ve been waiting for this for awhile, particularly those who entered a quilt! So, the contest is in the voting stages now! What we want to see? We want your vote on the Bali Fever quilts that our contestants so faithfully worked on and entered!
All of the quilts in the contest are posted in their own Facebook album, which you can view at the following link, even if you are NOT a user of Facebook!
No personal information is provided on purpose…so the votes are largely anonymous. We would also like you to keep it this way! If you’d like to share your favorite with your friends to encourage votes for your favorite, please do so, but if you know who made the quilt, we’d love for you to keep it a secret so these quilts can truly be ranked on their own merit!
Voting will be allowed for one full month…that means, since we started this a couple days late…we’ll extend the votes through the full month and the 2nd of November! Each of you get to vote on your favorite Bali Fever using the Facebook ‘like’ buttons. This will count for 20 percent of the overall vote!
NOTE: If you do not use facebook, you will not be able to vote there. However, you will be able to view the album and leave a comment in the “Leave a Reply” section below this post regarding your favorite (just post the Entry # of the picture) and we will consider those votes in the general public vote. Make sure to click on the quilt and get the entry number because we shuffle the order of the pictures on facebook every day so new ones show up on our page!
We will get the Certified Instructors to vote (they are disqualified from the competition), the Quiltworx Staff will vote, we are posting a Pinterest album, and Judy, herself, will vote. Each of these group of votes will count for 20% of the votes, as well! We will not reveal the votes from these categories until the end of the contest.
The person with the most votes will receive a $300 Gift Certificate to the quilt shop of their choice!! Second place will receive a $100 Gift Certificate to the quilt shop of their choice!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO MADE A QUILT! WE ARE THRILLED TO SHOW THEM OFF!
Judy Niemeyer has Teamed up with Creative Grids to design a templater that works with all of our Wedding Ring Patterns! In addition, the ruler can be used to develop creative new colorways for our existing patterns and even as a stand alone product to create one of a kind, simple, and fast wedding ring quilts! Fussy cut your backgrounds, alternate background colors, create new designs within your wedding ring quilts, and gain non-slip accuracy every time you cut! Stay tuned for new patterns that will build on this template in the future! And in the meantime, click on the link provided below for a tutorial by Judy on the product!