February 9, 2018
You’ll need to bring the following items with you, but don’t worry if you don’t have something! The shop will be WELL STOCKED! We will also be demonstrating some new supplies and other specialty tools at the event, which are optional, but loved by us! The shop will have these if you decide you can’t live without them.
- 3″ by 12″ piece of Template Plastic
- 3-1/2″ by 18″ piece piece of Template Plastic
- 12″ Add-a-quarter ruler
- 18″ Add-a-quarter ruler
- Purple Thang (optional)
- 6″ by 12″ ruler
- Rotary cutter 45mm or 60 mm
- New rotary blade
- Size 70 needles (Microtex recommended)
- Seam ripper
- Fabric glue UHU stic
- Glue Pen (Fons and Porter, Sewline, or Avery recommended)
- High quality cotton sewing thread
- Flower pins
- Scotch Tape
- Binder Clips (medium and small)
- Large Paper Clips
- Applique Supplies (if you need them)
- Applique thread (Size 60, 80, or 100) and 60/8 Schmetz sewing needles
- Roxanne Glue Baste-It
- Small Embroidery Scissors
- Applique Sheets
Odds and Ends
- SEWING STATIONS: Cutting boards and small irons will be provided at each sewing station, which includes a 5 foot table of your very own per student! Multiple standing stations for cutting and ironing will also be provided in each classroom. Student irons will not be allowed to prevent issues with power. With this much space, please be respectful of other sewers and leave your extra table extensions at home. This will enable easy passage for students to and from demonstrations and classroom cutting and ironing stations.
- SEWING MACHINES: Baby Lock sewing machines will be provided at each station, so please don’t feel the need to bring your own! Show specials and promotions exclusive to this group will be provided to you in your project box! So, check that out when you get there. If you are in the market for a new machine, this is your chance to get hands-on training, take one for a nice test drive, and learn what makes Baby Lock the sewing machine of choice at Thimble Towne Quilt Shop!
- PROJECT KITS: Sewing Kits will be provided AT the event! When you get to Thimble Towne, they will have you in a classroom (watch for more information from Thimble Towne on classroom assignments and putting in your request to sit with a friend!). A box will be at your station that includes a color photo of your project, your name, a personalized schedule for your week, and most importantly, all the pieces for your pattern! You will have time to get situated, then around 5 p.m., we will start a reception, you will meet the teachers, and you will get to experience a great trunk show of instructor quilts! See below for the Retreat Schedule that will follow!
- BRING YOUR QUILTS!: Want to show off a Quiltworx creation of your own? We’d LOVE to see them during our nightly Trunk Show Events!
Tuesday, February 27th, 4pm-9pm
(Doors will remain open until 10 p.m. Teachers will be available until 9 p.m. Rest up! There’s lots of fun ahead!)
- Cocktail/Reception Party
- Meet Your Instructors Trunk Show
- Logistics and Info
- Cut your papers for the Diamonds!
Wednesday, February 28th – Saturday March 3rd from 6am-Midnight
- Breakfast – On your own (Complimentary at hotel, or as desired.)
- 9:00am – Class starts at 9am with announcements and getting everyone at their Demo Stations
- 9:30am – Demos start at 9:30am
- 12:00pm-1:30pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – Classes begin again
- 1:45pm – Afternoon demos begin for those who need them, or one on one help from instructors as you sew your units.
- 3:15pm-3:30pm – Break
- 4:45pm – Afternoon sew ends
- 4:45pm-5:45pm – Late Afternoon Programs: Trunk Shows, Extra Demonstrations, Quiltster
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- After Dinner – Evening Sew
- Wednesday Demos: Diamonds (Group A)
- Thursday Demos: Center Backgrounds (Group B)
- Friday Demos: Queen Border Extensions (Group D) or, General Sew Day with instructor help, miscellaneous demos, Quiltster workshops, schedule a kit creation appointment with Judel!
- Saturday Demos: Wall Quilt Borders (Group C), Afternoon assembly for those ready, Quiltster workshops, schedule a kit creation appointment with Judel!
- Sunday Demos: Assembly Demonstrations
Sunday March 4th, 6:00am-4:00pm
- Check-out by 4:00pm, OR morning of Monday, March 5th.
December 15, 2017
February 27th – March 4th, 2018
February 27th – March 4th, 2018
|10 Cattail in the Meadow Mixer Kits
If choosing blocks and fabrics seems overwhelming, we’re also offering the following exclusive fabric kits only available to event attendees. (3 to 5 kits are estimated to be available of each, and will be considered on a first come, first served basis!)
If you select this option, we’ll cut the kit and prepare it, for the class. We will bring the kits to the workshop for you so there is no preparation needed!
As we work out final yardage, we will let you know the final cost of the kit that you have selected before we prepare it.*
(CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE)
Create your own completely customized quilt, by selecting a quilt size and blocks for each section of the quilt (Groups A, B, C, & D) shown below along with new fabrics from over 25 collections!
There are two ways to do this:
- Use Quiltster! Prior to this event, you’ll receive a 6 month subscription to Quiltster (as part of the fee for attending the event), allowing you the opportunity to mix and match blocks and fabrics in 3 different quilt sizes to achieve your perfectly unique quilt!
- We’ll Design it With You! For an additional design fee you can work one on one with Judel Niemeyer as she uses Quiltster to mix and match blocks and fabrics to create your one of a kind quilt. You’ll have final approval before your quilt is kitted.
Whether you use Quiltster on your own, or have us do it, your finalized quilt kit will be prepared for you and brought to Thimble Towne for you to complete! No preparation on your end will be needed!
Your block options are as follows:
|QUILT SIZE OPTIONS
(CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE)
|98.5″ Square||76.5″ Square||64.5″ Square|
|GROUP A OPTIONS
(CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE)
Thimble Towne is THRILLED to offer you such a diverse selection of fabrics to work with for your Quiltworx University project (over 700 fabrics, in fact)! Choose from five of our best-selling fabric companies and favorite designers including:
- Bohemian Blues
- Baltic Mini Collection
- Cactus Mini Collection
- Java Blenders
- Java Blenders Wallflowers
- Jungle Mini Collection
- Autumn’s Grace
- City Cultures 2
- Morning Sunrise
- Blue Moon: Jackie Kunkel
- Island Batik Neutrals
- Island Batik Basics
- Island Batik Blenders
Free Spirit – Kaffe Classics
- Aboriginal Dot
- Big Blooms
- Roman Glass
- Paper Weight
- Guinea Flower
- Japanese Chrysanthemum
Only a sampling of fabrics is shown above…THERE’S MORE! To see all available fabrics for this event, click on the link for each collection. A subscription to Quiltster is required. If you don’t have a subscription, when you sign up for the workshop, one will be provided for you as part of your workshop fee for 6 months. You will be able to use this subscription when you are signed up for the class!
HOW TO SIGN INTO QUILTSTER
Watch for an email from Quiltster.com! If you already have an account, you can simply log in and see the Cattails Mixer project at the top of your list. Select the project and template, and begin exploring fabrics!
A complete list of supplies will be provided closer to the event.
WE HOPE YOU’LL JOIN US!
We’re taking Quiltworx University to the