Join me in this 2 session class where you will learn a lot of fundamental Quiltworx techniques as you make these totally fun summer time placemats! From reading a Quiltworx pattern, to cutting and bagging your fabrics, to the basics of foundation paper piecing to curved piecing and even applique! This project is packed with techniques!
Class meets twice — with time in between the 2 sessions to be ready to assemble your placemats in Session #2
Friday April 16 from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM CST
Friday April 23 from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM CST
Class fee includes the pattern!
As always — classes are recorded so if you arrive late, leave early or have another commitment — you can catch up at your convenience! And remember — I’m with you until your project is completed!!
Online Classes via Zoom
Zoom is a popular tool for conducting meetings and classes online. If you can stream Netflix you can Zoom! You will need an internet connection, and a computer, or tablet (like an iPad), or a smart phone. The software is free and easy to use. If you’re nervous about the online class, I ‘ll even schedule a one-on-one session to help you with the set up and walk you through a Zoom session.
You will be sent a unique weblink before each class and you will follow that link to join the class. All classes are interactive, you can ask questions and share your work in real-time. I use multiple cameras so you can see me, my worksurface, my sewing machine needle and my pressing table. I supplement these views with photos, PowerPoint shows and handouts and custom videos. I share all materials on a website you can find all of the videos and handouts we use in the class.
There are some real advantages to my Zoom Classes:
- The technology won’t get in the way. I’ve now taught more than 200 quilters via Zoom in the last year. Many were first time “Zoomers” and first time quilters — No one has left my classes because of the online technology.
- You can take this class from anywhere in the world! Take classes at home or while on vacation.
- You never have to leave home! No lugging your sewing machine or bags through the snow to a shop or class room.
- Learn in your own sewing room with all of your own tools and notions handy
- Everyone has a front row seat – multiple cameras mean everyone can see demonstrated techniques up close.
- All classes are recorded and you can re-watch the classes at your leisure
- Time shift – If your schedule changes – watch the class on your own schedule.
- You’ll have access to the class videos for a month or more after the class – you can go back and refresh your memory if you need to revisit and particular technique or process.
The BobKat Quilts Guarantee!
I’m committed to my students’ success. I’m with you until you finish! If you have a question, I’m easily reachable via pSundihone, email, or text and I will facetime or video chat with you one or one to answer questions, help you fix a mistake, or get you “unstuck”!
Check out what my students say at https://bobkatquilts.com/feedback_testimonials
You can Register Here: